Friday, July 24, 2015

The 2015 Youth Track Season

Every since I was a little girl, I have been training and competing in track. Track is my favorite sport, and I train every morning and evening to prepare for meets.  My best and favorite event is the 3000 meter run which is approximately 2 miles.  On school days, I woke up at 6:30 am to run in the morning to improve my time. I ran from my home to the local high school track.  At the beginning of the season, I was one of the last in the line of competitors which was a disadvantage as I had to merge into lane one.  But as the season progressed I made my way up to the front of the line making it easier to merge into lane one. All the training paid off as I made it to Varsity, a competition that requires you to qualify under a specific time of 12:13 minutes.  I accomplished this goal with a time of 12:07 and placed 5th at the competition. This was the first of two qualifying competitions as top 8 contestants from Varsity move on to the Southern California Youth Championship to compete amongst the best girls in the Southern California.  I had to train extra hard for this competition as there were other great runners who also wanted to do well. My hard work paid off when I won 5th place again and received a green medal.

In August I will start running for the cross country season.  I have already started some training and will write a separate post at the end of the season.
















What sport/activity have you worked hard to achieve your goal? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥

Steps to Comment:

1. Write your comment in the box below. Please proofread your comment for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.

2. Choose an identity. (If you have a gmail account, use it. If not, simply choose "Anonymous".)

3. Click "Publish your Comment". You may preview your comment before publishing if you'd like.

♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥