Thursday, January 10, 2013

State Fair- Wyoming

In 5th grade, every student picks a state to learn and write.  I chose the state of Wyoming. 

My goal in this project was to persuade my class to visit my state.  Wyoming is filled with so much history and information, that it was hard to pick and choose which sections would be most persuasive to get people to visit the state.  For me, the most difficult part of the project was the oral presentation.  I had to say it over and over again until I had it memorized within the correct time limit.  After putting together my talk, I still had one more step, create a presentation board for the state fair.  Doing the presentation board was easy because I knew in my head where I wanted everything to go.  After I placed everything down on the board, I thought it needed more color so I made a red border around the section headings. 

Wyoming has so many interesting facts that it will amaze you.  Wyoming is known for its beautiful parks such as Yellowstone National Park. Yellowstone is filled with nature as well as animals such as grizzly bears, elk, buffalo, and deers all roaming throughout the park.  Yellowstone has the largest population of grizzly bears in the United States! Yellowstone is not only filled with animals it also has waterfalls and geysers like Old Faithful.  Old Faithful erupts every hour and astonishes the visitors viewing it.

Yellowstone isn't the only incredible place to see, there also is Devils Tower National Monument.  This gigantic rock column was the leftovers of a volcano that erupted many years ago.  As you continue your journey through Wyoming,  I encourage you to look up and view the high peaks of Grand Teton National Park.  These peaks rise over a mile above the valley floor!  Wow!

Since Wyoming is natural wonders, it has the lowest population in the country.  Don't let that discourage you from visiting, as the state has many dude ranches for people to explore and enjoy the Wyoming lifestyle of horse back ride and hardy foods.  Wyoming also has the largest outdoor rodeo in the world!  I hope I will be able to visit this state someday.










The whole 5th grade presented there posters to the other parents.  After my mom visited my poster, she went around and viewed posters from some of the other states.












What interesting facts can you share about the state that you live in?

10 comments:

  1. Hello Miriam,

    My name is Breeyana an I'm in Mr.Miller's class. I love your Wyoming project. It sounds amazing! Have you been there? I haven't, but I wish I can go there. Those other presentations look great as well. Well, I'll be going now! Talk to you later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Breeyana,

      Thank you for your wonderful comment. I have not gone to Wyoming but am hoping to go some day soon. I hope you visit again soon!

      Sincerely,
      Miriam

      Delete
  2. Hi Miriam,

    My name is Letty and I am from Mr. Miller's seventh grade AVID class. That is a really neat project to be able to do. I love your project on Wyoming. I wish we were able to do those type of projects here, but the project we are able to do this year is a medieval project when were able to make a castle. If I was able to do a state project, I would choose the state of Hawaii, Maine, or California.

    - Letty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Letty,
      Thank you for your wonderful comment. I agree with all of your choises on which state to choose. Since I live in California, my teacher didn't allow us to choose this state. I also wanted Hawaii, but it was already taken by another student. I don't know very much about Maine. Why would you have chosen Maine? I hope you visit again soon.

      Sincerely,
      Miriam

      Delete
  3. @ Miriam,

    Well done on the Wyoming presentation! I was born in Montana, which borders Wyoming, and I have driven through the "Equality State" from time to time. Yellowstone National Park is one of my favorite national parks! Old Faithful is exactly that...you can rely on that geyser shooting off about every hour if I recall correctly.

    Do you know why it is nicknamed the "Equality State"?

    Have you ever been to Wyoming?

    What was your second choice for a state report?

    Your proud former teacher,
    Mrs. Y♥llis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Mrs. Yollis,

      Thank you for your complimentary comment. You are so lucky to be born next to the state of Wyoming and get to drive to Yellowstone! I hoping to go to Wyoming soon!

      Wyoming was nicknamed the "Equality State" because they were the first state to allow woman to vote. My second choice for the state report would have been Utah but it was already chosen by my classmate.

      What are some interesting features in Montana? The student in my class that did Montana did not really provide us with very much information.

      Sincerely,
      Miriam

      Delete
  4. Hi Miriam!

    Great post about Wyoming! I live in Omaha, Nebraska which borders Wyoming. I have been through Wyoming on my way to Colorado once, but have not stayed or gotten to explore much. Your post makes me want to go back!
    Nebraska is sometimes known as the "cornhusker" state even though Iowa has more corn than us! Our state flower is the Goldenrod. It grows wild and is really beautiful.
    One place in Wyoming I would like to go to is Jackson Hole. My parents have been there and the pictures they took of the place they stayed were beautiful. You will have to research Jackson Hole.
    How many states have you traveled to?

    Mr. Catlett from Omaha, Nebraska

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Mr. Carlett,

      Thank you for your wonderful comment. I will have to research Jackson Hole. Hopefully, you will go back and visit Wyoming and explore it's amazing animals and nature.

      Including the state I live in (California), I have been to Hawaii, Utah, Arizona, and Nevada. Last year we went on a RV trip to visit the Grand Canyon, Zion Park, and Bryce Canyon. We drove through all those states to get to the parks. We didn't make it to Wyoming because we ran out of time. I will have to try to convince my parents to go to Wyoming for our next vacation.

      Sincerely,
      Miriam

      Delete
  5. Dear Miriam,

    Loved this post, as a matter of fact I loved this post so much that if ever I travel to the USA I will be visiting Wyoming.

    Your presentation board looked awesome and I can see a lot of work went into it. I also thought the other boards looked great too.

    America sure does has such wonderful places to visit. I remember when Mrs Yollis did this amazing post on Death Valley. To this day BB and her dad after reading that post really want to visit Death Valley and now after reading your post next on this list is Wyoming.

    Thank for this awesome Miriam.

    Cheers AA :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Miriam,
    You did a great job with your poster and presentation, I learned a lot about Wyoming and now I may consider to visit this beautiful state. You had so many interesting facts and pictures, I loved your project and I am sure your teacher gave you a good grade.
    Love you,
    Grandma Tanya

    ReplyDelete

♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥

Steps to Comment:

1. Write your comment in the box below. Please proofread your comment for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.

2. Choose an identity. (If you have a gmail account, use it. If not, simply choose "Anonymous".)

3. Click "Publish your Comment". You may preview your comment before publishing if you'd like.

♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥