Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!  I hope you spent time to give someone your love.  I made my mom a special Valentine because she cares about me.  A few days ago, my teacher assigned us to write a few Valentine poems.  I hope you enjoy them.

swans making a heart
Even animals show their love!
“Valentine’s Day”
I am so sick today
That I can’t go to school
But it’s Valentine’s Day.
 My face is all green
 And my stomach is gurgling.
I’m itching all over
With sweat running down me
And I do look atrocious

 But it’s Valentine’s Day
 And my love is waiting
  For me to give her
My special Valentine.

“Hours, and Hours”
Hours and Hours my valentine took
I just couldn’t figure out what kind of book.
My teacher had told us to give someone a present
But I just couldn’t figure out what to give.

I finally decided on a book
 But what kind of a book
A frog, dog, cat, person, soldiers, or a duke book.
Valentine’s Day is in an hour
But what do I pick maybe a flower?
The story was as bright as the flower I had found last night,
I just hope that my valentine is all right.
   

“Flunked”
Today at school I flunked a test,
And now I would be in trouble.
But Valentine ’s Day is coming up
And I still don’t have a present.

But now that I have flunked a test,
I don’t think it will matter,
I guess I’ll just flunk fifth grade
And then not have to think about
My secret Valentine.  




Did you do anything special for Valentine's Day? 

Can you write a verse or poem for Valentines Day?





11 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm so impressed with your poems! I am terrible at writing poetry--I feel like I can never find the right words. I hope you had a wonderful Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. Dear Miriam,

    Poems written, but never published,
    Alas, how sad indeed.
    How lonely each verse must feel today,
    Without a Valentine read! :-)


    And now, you've inspired me to write a poem:

    A day filled with happiness,
    Valentines galore,
    Yummy Bordeaux chocolates,
    I think I'll have one more!



    I challenge you to respond to me in verse! :-)

    Your poetry-loving former teacher,
    Mrs. Y♥llis




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Mrs. Yollis,

      Your poem was without a doubt
      quite indeed sweet,
      but mine can be sweeter.
      Bordeaux chocolates yum, yum,yum,
      but candy can beat it.
      So now that you have had a turn
      it's time for me to try,
      so sit back and think of how much candy you crave Oh my!


      Candy, Candy this caloric treat
      It’s delicious and fun but bad to eat
      It rots your teeth and ruins your appetite
      But how can you live
      Without this awesome treat.


      Your also poetry-loving former student,
      Miriam

      Delete
  3. Dear Miriam,
    I really enjoyed your blog post.
    I love poems.
    I made one last year in 5th grade.
    I really need more visitors on my blog it's new and I would love if you commented. :)
    Here's my link www.arisafari.edublogs.org
    From,
    Ari (in mr avery's class)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Ari,

      Thank you for your wonderful comment. I also adore poems. I will check out your blog right now and leave you a comment.

      Sincerely,
      Miriam

      Delete
    2. Dear Miriam,

      Thanks so much!!
      It really means a lot.
      From,
      Ari
      www.arisafari.edublogs.org

      Delete
  4. Dear Miriam,

    What a wonderful selection of poems you wrote. I am so impressed. I did have a lovely valentines day as I spent it with my mum the whole day. We both had a wonderful day together and when I left I told her just how much I loved her for with out her I won't be the person I am because of her.

    I hope you spoiled your mum too. Somehow I feel that you did :)

    Here is my poem.

    I had a special Valentines day.
    Where I spent the day with the one I love.
    The day was filled with such joy and love.
    I finally realized that Valentines day should be everyday.

    Take care,
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your wonderful comment. I loved your poem. I also think Valentines Day should be every day because you should say and do wonderful gestures for the ones you love. I also spoiled my mom greatly.

      Sincerely,
      Miriam

      P.S. Is this BB?

      Delete
  5. Hi,
    I think that your piano playing great!
    I play piano to, and i might learn to play
    that song to!
    i really liked your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for leaving me such a wonderful comment. You really should consider learning to play the piano as it is a wonderful instrument. I hope you visit again!

      Your friend,
      Miriam

      Delete

♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥

Steps to Comment:

1. Write your comment in the box below. Please proofread your comment for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.

2. Choose an identity. (If you have a gmail account, use it. If not, simply choose "Anonymous".)

3. Click "Publish your Comment". You may preview your comment before publishing if you'd like.

♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥