Sunday, December 9, 2012

Taking a Stroll Through the Neighborhood

A few days ago, My mom, brother, sister, and my friend Leah, went on a stroll through the neighborhood.  It was a cloudy, cold and drizzly morning.  As we were walking,  we noticed the gorgeous trees of Autumn.  Most of the leaves of the trees had fallen off which made it fun to walk through them.  The leaves made a crunchy sound as we stomped through them.  One house had many leaves for us to grab a few and  throw up in the air.  Instead of snowflakes falling, we had colorful leaves falling! As we were walking, we saw a huge leaf that took up half of my body!

My favorite leaf was a blood red one with a little bit of yellow.  Leah and I had a great time collecting our favorite leaves and making a bouquet with them. Every one had a good time included my dog Romeo, who raced after us.  As soon as we arrived home,  it started pouring cats and dogs!  We got very lucky to arrive home in time. 














We've had some unusually hot and cold weather lately, so we still have flowers and roses blooming in November.  Who ever heard of that?




I think this flower is unusual and gorgeous because of its shape and color.  If you look at it closely, it looks like a bird.  This flower is called bird of paradise. What do you think? 





What does your neighborhood look like?

8 comments:

  1. That is one huge leaf! I enjoy reading your posts. Thanks for keeping us up to date! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Mr. Estes,

      Thank you for leaving me a comment. I agree, that is a huge leaf! I hope you visit some more comments.

      Sincerely,
      Miriam

      Delete
  2. Dear Miriam,

    I loved reading your post about your huge adventure strolling around your neighborhood.
    Your photos were awesome. Those leaves were so huge. In one of your photos I noticed a plant which at present is growing in my garden too and it is the bird of paradise. I love this plant as it really does look like a bird from a beautiful tropical island. What you think?

    Also while the leaves a falling off where you are we have just started our summer season.
    We have already have had some pretty hot awful days.

    At present around my neighborhood everything is looking rather lovely and green with lovely well kept lawns however I am pretty sure as the days get hotter things won't be looking green for long.

    Thanks for taking me for a stroll around your lovely neighborhood Miriam.

    Cheers AA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear AA,

      Thank you for your extraordinary comment! I think that is the most beautiful flower because it looks like a birds head.

      You are really lucky because this winter here is freezing! We also had really hot weather over 100 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer.

      Sincerely,
      Miriam

      Delete
  3. Nate and Daniel (Yollis' class)December 11, 2012 at 2:35 PM

    Dear Miriam,

    Wow! That was an enormous leaf! The bird of paradise is beautiful! It is an unusual flower. I have a bunch of flowers growing randomly. My favorite is the pink rose because it's colorful.

    Your friends,
    Nate and Daniel
    (Mrs. Yollis' second grader)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Nate and Daniel,

      Thank you for your wonderful comments. I used to be in Mrs. Yollis' class she posted some wondeful flower pictures on her 365/366 blog. I also enjoy the color pink but my favorite flower color is yellow.

      I hope you visit again soon!

      Sincerely,
      Miriam

      Delete
  4. Thank you for visinting my blog.
    I used to do artistics (gymnastics) but I decided to drop out in level 6 because the teacher was horrible!
    I really would love to put pictures of me but my school doesn't let me do it for security reasons
    Thanks a lot for visiting my blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your wonderful comment. It is too bad hat you can't post images of you doing gymnastics. I am sure you were very good if you made it to level 6. I hope you visit again soon.

      Sincerely
      Miriam

      Delete

♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥

Steps to Comment:

1. Write your comment in the box below. Please proofread your comment for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.

2. Choose an identity. (If you have a gmail account, use it. If not, simply choose "Anonymous".)

3. Click "Publish your Comment". You may preview your comment before publishing if you'd like.

♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥